Our Donors and Supporters : Generous contributors strengthening many lives
Our Current Donors
Our Past Donors
In addition, Gyan Shala donors include HNIs like Pulak Prasad, Amit Chandra and Ronodeb Roy, all investment professionals.
We heartily thank each and every contributor for providing young souls with an opportunity to change their lives.
- Sir Ratan Tata Trust (SRTT)was the first institutional donor who provided core funding to Gyan Shala at its start, over 1999- 2004.
- Volunteers for India Development and Empowerment (VIDE), USAwas the second major Institutional donor/supporter who provided core funding to launch and operate Gyan Shala program in rural areas in the earthquake affected villages in Gujarat over 2001-2005. VIDE also helped launch and operate our middle school program in Ahmedabad over 2006-09.
- Sarva Siksha Abhiyan Mission (SSA), Government of Gujarat supported the education of out-of-school children, and the training of AMC teachers who adopted Gyan Shala package of material and pedagogy, through Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, over 2005-12
- Social Initiative Group: ICICI Bank Foundation, India provided core funding over 2004-10, by meeting cost of program components that were not covered by SSA grant.
- Jan Vikas, Ahmedabad supported Gyan Shala to expand and operate its rural program in Panchmahal district for three years over 2004-2007.
- Share and Care Foundation, USA supported a small part of the cost of both elementary and middle school program over 2006-2010.
- Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF) provided core program support for all program components in Ahmedabad, and was the largest contributor over 2008-17.
- Nalanda Foundation, (promoted by Mr. Pulak Prasad), has helped Gyan Shala to start and maintain its program expansion-replication in Bihar since 2008-09 with core Funding support, which is continuing.
- Lucile & David Packard Foundation helped launch program expansion in Bihar Sharif and a new program of the education of Adolescent Girls, over 2009-2016.
- Sarva Siksha Abhiyan Mission (SSA), Government of Bihar supported the education of out of school children in Patna district since 2010, and in other districts from 2012 onwards.
- Department for International Development (DFID), Govt. of UKprovided funding support for program expansion in Bihar over 2011-13.
- ENH Foundation has supported initiation of Gyan Shala program in UP, particularly in Farrukhabad, since 2013, which is continuing.
- Ronodev Roy,earlier Asia-head of Fixed Income Products in Morgan Stanley, has provided core funding for Gyan Shala replication in West Bengal since 2010.
- Amit Mitra, head Bains Capital, India committed core support for the expansion of the program in Muzaffarpur district of Bihar.
- Sunil Handa of Eklavya Education Foundation, Ahmedabadprovided office infrastructure and support free of charge for a decade over 1999-2009.
- Shri Kamal Mangal of Utthan Seva Sansthan and Anand Niketan School provided infrastructure and child sponsorship support since 2001.
- Development Research Network (DRN) was a professional institutional partner in an action-research project funded by infoDev (World Bank) to develop the system and methodology for computer-use in primary classes to raise learning levels in math and language.
- Many individuals, including the Alumni Batch of 1983-85 of Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA) provided support as sponsorship of one or more children’s education, or furnishing of classrooms. An individual who wants to remain unknown had sponsored a set of 10 classes for five years.